The Data We May Collect
The data that we may collect from you includes the following: your personal details, including but not limited to your name, your email address and your age (all such personal details, your “Personal Information”); the type of device you are using to access our website or app; the internet service provider you are using; records of your consents; purchase details; information about your interactions with our content, app usage, or behaviors; and any views or opinions you provide to us.
We may also Process information about you from your use of our Services (e.g., , etc.), including your interactions with content on the Services.
How We Collect or Create Data
We may collect User Information about you from the following sources:
- Data you provide: We may obtain Personal Information about you when you provide it to us across our Services (e.g., where you sign up for emails or newsletters; register for site membership or create a profile or account on any part of the Services; enter a sweepstakes, contest, competition or prize draw; participate in surveys and quizzes; perform search queries through the Services; contact us via email, telephone or by any other means; make a purchase; etc.).
- Relationship data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you purchase a service from us).
- Service data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information when you visit, download, use or register to use any part of our Service.
- Content and advertising information: If you choose to interact with any third party content or advertising on the Services, we may receive User Information about you from the relevant third party.
Purposes for Which We May Process Your Information
The purposes for which we may process your Personal Information, subject to applicable law, include:
- Provide the Services to you
- Personalize the Services by showing you content relevant to your fertility, pregnancy and parenting journey
- Send you advertising and marketing communications
- Provide support and troubleshooting
- Send you email and push notification communications about the Services
- Provide security for the Services and obtain analytics about app and ad performance
- Market, develop and improve our products and services
- Conduct clinical and scientific research, subject to your informed consent where required by law
- Create deidentified data and aggregated data and statistics about the use of the Services
- Ensure compliance with our Terms of Service and ensuring the security of our systems, including conducting investigations where necessary
To the extent you receive advertising and marketing communications from us, you may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 5 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving e-mails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or the Platform Services.
Purposes for Which We May Share Your Information
Expectful may provide Personal Information to our business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. Expectful requires our business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of any Personal Information we provide to them and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Expectful provided such information to them.
Restricting Access to Your Personal Information
Through our app, you may opt-in to having your Personal Information disassociated from the data generated by your use of the Services (i.e., your due date and your interactions with the app and/or our website.) (“Private Mode”). If you opt-in to Private Mode, the data generated by your interactions with the app and/or our website will instead be associated with an anonymous identity that cannot be tied back to your Personal Information. While users who opt-in to Private Mode will no longer be able to receive personalized emails and push notifications with resources and detailed information specifically related to the stage their pregnancy, such users will not otherwise be restricted in their use of the Services and we will not take any action against such users for having opted-in to Private Mode. To opt-in to this feature, you must go to Profile > Settings > Privacy & Personalization in the app.
If you subsequently decide to opt-out of Private Mode, any data generated by your use of the app and/or our website, both historically and going forward, will again be associated with your Personal Information.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of the Platform Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for these purposes.
Deletion of information
You have the ability to delete all of the Personal Information that we have collected about you, but to do so you will need to delete your account. To delete your account go to your profile, then account settings and then click "Delete Account".