Director of Marketing at Expectful
Expectful is on a mission to become the go-to wellness platform for hopeful, pregnant, and new moms. Expectful’s meditation and sleep platform has already transformed the lives of thousands of expectant and new families. Our vision is to build on this success by broadening Expectful’s offerings and growing them into the go-to wellness resource for anyone in their motherhood journey. Expectful will provide universal access to the holistic, evidence-based wellness solutions that have already helped millions of women worldwide. Join us on our mission to reshape how women access support on their journey to motherhood.
We are expanding our team and looking for a Director of Marketing to join us as we enter a rapid growth phase.
Expectful is looking for a bold and brilliant Director of Marketing to create a category-defining company that addresses the wellbeing of hopeful, expectant, and new mothers. Join us in creating a movement to change how women experience pregnancy and new motherhood.
We are a small, fully remote team with big ambitions, and you must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, early-stage environment as both a doer and strategist.
- Bring the product to life for the user via storytelling, experiences, programs, and campaigns
- Develop strategic plans and systems for integrated multi-channel campaigns to promote customer loyalty and drive new user acquisition
- Develop a strategic framework for both paid and unpaid channels to determine level of effectiveness
- Work closely with our external growth agency to assess performance and guide recommendations based on overall marketing strategy
- Report on success of campaigns and tactics against goals and make recommendations for optimizations
- Working closely with the content team to craft compelling copy across multiple channels including email, application, website and landing pages
- Oversee the Social Media Coordinator to develop and optimize social channels in alignment with the marketing plan
- Own, implement and optimize an email marketing strategy across the entire user lifecycle including nurture programs, welcome sequence, newsletters, product updates, retention programs and re-engagement programs
- Implement a data capture and segmentation strategy to understand funnel activity and deliver strategic communications
- Work with external agencies and designers to develop content, brand assets, and experiences that delight providers and their clients
- Partner with community team to plan and execute great community events that cater to our existing members and the broader provider community
- Work in coordination with PR team on content and communications strategy
- Cultivate online and offline relationships with influencers in our space
- Perform market research to understand messaging effectiveness to evolve our brand and marketing touchpoints
- 5 to 7 years of blended marketing experience
- Subscription-based application startup
- B2C marketing
- Product Marketing with experience in managing growth/performance and content marketing
- Startup environment
- Experience with increasing subscription conversion and retention
- Experience working with customer.io or similar marketing automation/push notification software
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills – balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be where you excel. History of running A/B tests.
- Ability to analyze user data and extract business requirements from multiple stakeholders and transform them into usable insights
- Passion and strong excitement for building a startup from the ground up
- Excellent team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excels at working cross-functionally
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to hit growth targets
- Growth mindset: Commitment to lifelong learning and personal growth. Openness to different ideas, new information, and data.
- Problem-solving mindset: Does not wait for others to see or solve problems. From small workflows to big projects, internalized the motto: “if you see something, do something.”
- Ability to thrive in a remote position
- Parenting experience (TTC, biological, adopted, surrogacy, loss, etc.) is a plus
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Annual educational/professional development stipend
- A company with an inspirational vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious, and fun to work with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send your resume, portfolio or work examples, and a brief description of why you’d be an excellent fit for the job to [email protected]. Let us know what makes you passionate about Expectful and what drew you to this work in your own human voice.