Expectful is on a mission to become the go-to wellness platform for hopeful, pregnant, and new moms. Expectful’s meditation and sleep platform has already transformed the lives of thousands of expectant and new families. Our vision is to build on this success by broadening Expectful’s offerings and growing them into the go-to wellness resource for anyone in their motherhood journey. Expectful will provide universal access to the holistic, evidence-based wellness solutions that have already helped millions of women worldwide. Join us on our mission to reshape how women access support on their journey to motherhood.
We are expanding our team and looking for a Director of Brand Marketing to join us as we enter a rapid growth phase.
Expectful is looking for a bold and brilliant Director of Brand Marketing to create a category-defining company that addresses the well-being of hopeful, expectant, and new mothers. Join us in creating a movement to change how women experience pregnancy and new motherhood.
We are a small, fully remote team with big ambitions, and you must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, early-stage environment as both a doer and strategist.
- Bring the product to life for the user via storytelling, experiences, programs, and campaigns
- Craft and implement brand plans to grow awareness with the support of the brand, creative, growth, and product teams
- Own the strategy for organic channels: social, email/SMS, partnerships, and influencer marketing
- Manage internal design resources to continuously create new content for paid marketing channels
- Manage the Content Marketing Manager to execute brand strategy while ensuring career development and continuous growth
- Own the brand calendar to ensure that we have a steady cadence of brand, seasonal, and product campaigns to grow the brand
- Work closely with the content team to craft compelling copy across multiple channels including email, application, website, and landing pages - Must be comfortable with writing copy from time to time
- Partner with our community and content teams to market weekly live events calendar and new content launches
- Work in coordination with PR team on content and communications strategy
- Own, implement and optimize an email marketing strategy across the entire user lifecycle including nurture programs, welcome sequence, newsletters, product updates, retention programs, and re-engagement programs
- 5 to 7 years of blended marketing experience
- Subscription-based application startup
- B2C marketing
- Product Marketing experience
- Startup environment
- Experience working with customer.io or similar email marketing automation/push notification software and Figma is a plus
- Passion and strong excitement for building a startup from the ground up
- Excellent team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excels at working cross-functionally
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to connect with our users
- Growth mindset: Commitment to lifelong learning and personal growth. Openness to different ideas, new information, and data.
- Problem-solving mindset: Does not wait for others to see or solve problems. From small workflows to big projects, internalized the motto: “if you see something, do something.”
- Ability to thrive in a remote position
- Parenting experience (TTC, biological, adopted, surrogacy, loss, etc.) is a plus
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Annual educational/professional development stipend
- A company with an inspirational vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious, and fun to work with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.