Consumer Insights Analyst
Expectful is on a mission to become the go-to wellness platform for hopeful, pregnant, and new moms. Expectful’s meditation and sleep platform has already transformed the lives of thousands of expectant and new families. Our vision is to build on this success by broadening Expectful’s offerings and growing them into the go-to wellness resource for anyone in their motherhood journey. Expectful will provide universal access to the holistic, evidence-based wellness solutions that have already helped millions of women worldwide. Join us on our mission to reshape how women access support on their journey to motherhood.
We are expanding our team and looking for a Consumer Insights Analyst to join us as we enter a rapid growth phase.
Expectful is looking for a curious and analytical Consumer Insights Analyst to help create a category-defining company that addresses the wellbeing of hopeful, expectant, and new mothers. Join us in creating a movement to change how women experience pregnancy and new motherhood.
We are a small, fully remote team with big ambitions, and you must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, early-stage environment as both a doer and strategist. You will support our verticals (Content, Product, Marketing, Engineering) and business units (Services, Events, Support Groups & More) in making data driven decisions and helping prioritize initiatives.
You will do this through qualitative and quantitative methods; analyzing various data sources as well as conducting primary research. You have the curiosity to ask incisive questions, lead focused analyses, and influence team members with compelling insights. You are passionate about understanding the factors that drive user behavior and are experienced in leveraging the voice of the customer to advocate for retention and growth.
- Perform detailed analyses to unlock key insights and trends from our data and customer feedback. Supplement data analysis with primary research and social listening when appropriate to provide holistic perspectives and insights synthesis.
- Achieve a deep understanding of customer perceptions and sentiment across their journey, delivering insights, reporting and strategic analyses that help teams prioritize.
- Persuade cross functional teams to take action on insights through effective communication and collaboration. Balance proactive research/ exploratory analysis with answering questions driven by the team.
- Understand the key data structures and data definitions that are available, identify gaps in data and be able to communicate requirements to data scientists and engineers.
- Translate complex data sets into easily digested and understood formats to identify and understand customer needs and uses data for new product ideas and benefits.
The best candidates have:
- 3+ years of blended analytical and research experience within content strategy, marketing, product/UX, and/or business. A track record of producing customer-centric insights that informs these strategies and roadmaps.
- Highly analytical; 2+ years of experience working with SQL, familiarity with statistical modeling and analysis (especially A/B testing). Data analysis and synthesis.
- Experience learning new software and tools quickly. Our current tools include: Google Analytics, Periscope (based in SQL), social platforms, Zendesk, HotJar, Customer.io, Firebase, SEMRush, RevenueCat.
- Proven track record of championing the voice of the customer (generating user insights, conducting rigorous evaluations, and communicating findings to teams.)
- Experience working with ambiguity and able to find creative solutions when there are limited time and resources.
- Excitement for building a startup from the ground up
- Excellent team player with strong written and verbal communication skills; Excels at working cross-functionally
- Growth mindset: Commitment to lifelong learning and personal growth. Openness to different ideas, new information, and data.
- Problem-solving mindset: Does not wait for others to see or solve problems. From small workflows to big projects, internalized the motto: “if you see something, do something.”
- Ability to thrive in a remote position
- Parenting experience (TTC, biological, adopted, surrogacy, loss, etc.) is a plus
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Annual educational/professional development stipend
- A company with an inspirational vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious, and fun to work with colleagues!
Please send your resume and a brief description as to why you’d be a great fit for the job to email@example.com. In your own human voice, let us know what makes you passionate about Expectful and what drew you to this position.