Expectful is on a mission to become the go-to wellness platform for hopeful, pregnant, and new moms. Expectful’s meditation and sleep platform has already transformed the lives of thousands of expectant and new families. Our vision is to build on this success by broadening Expectful’s offerings and growing them into the go-to wellness resource for anyone in their motherhood journey. Expectful will provide universal access to the holistic, evidence-based wellness solutions that have already helped millions of women worldwide. Join us on our mission to reshape how women access support on their journey to motherhood.
We are expanding our team and looking for someone to lead Community Programming and join us as we enter a rapid growth phase.
Expectful is looking for a dynamic and personable Community Programming leader to oversee our community experiences and engagement for members through digital events, group programming, and other interactive touchpoints. This is a customer-facing role that requires a friendly, warm, and energetic personality to represent the Expectful brand.
We are a small, fully remote team with big ambitions, and you must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, early-stage environment as both a doer and strategist.
- Own, nurture, and scale a new business venture.
- Act as a liaison and a friendly, authentic voice between the Expectful community and the larger Expectful organization.
- Build brand personality and community trust through the development of relationships with community members and event guests.
- Develop a strategic and logistical framework for event programming across stages to drive brand and product awareness, increase new user acquisition, and promote customer loyalty.
- Plan, execute, and optimize user experience across all touch points from learning about an event, registering, attending, and follow-up to create a delightful customer experience.
- Create a robust and impactful program calendar across live in-app events that align with larger company initiatives and product launches and promote diversity and inclusion.
- Strategize, facilitate, and moderate live in-app events.
- Strategize, execute, and optimize our Mother Circles initiatives and programming, creating compelling curriculums with stage-specific wellness experts that align with the Expectful brand. Our Mother’s Circles are 6-week long intimate stage-specific groups of hopeful, expecting, or new moms that serve to enrich and educate.
- Manage app-based community polls and forums to promote ongoing engagement
- Liaise, negotiate, and manage contracts with all event speakers, guests, and coordinate with tech and marketing teams to ensure smooth and successful promotion and execution of all events.
- Research trends and relevant topics to stay engaged with latest maternal wellness industry developments and integrate those that align with Expectful’s values and goals.
- Report on success of events, groups, campaigns and tactics against goals and make recommendations for optimizations and to increase participation and engagement.
- Solicit, organize, and report feedback from our community to inform new company initiatives.
- 5 to 7 years digital community-building and/or event planning experience
- Experience launching and scaling new business initiatives
- Superior customer service sensibilities with strong listening skills and an authenticity our community can connect to
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills – balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be where you excel.
- Ability to analyze user data and extract business requirements from multiple stakeholders and transform them into usable insights
- Passion and strong excitement for building a startup from the ground up
- Excellent team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excels at working cross-functionally
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to hit growth targets
- Growth mindset: Commitment to lifelong learning and personal growth. Openness to different ideas, new information, and data.
- Problem-solving mindset: Does not wait for others to see or solve problems. From small workflows to big projects, internalized the motto: “if you see something, do something.”
- Ability to thrive in a remote position
- Parenting experience (TTC, biological, adopted, surrogacy, loss, etc.) is a plus
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Annual educational/professional development stipend
- A company with an inspirational vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious, and fun to work with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send your resume, portfolio or work examples, and a brief description of why you’d be an excellent fit for the job to [email protected]. Let us know what makes you passionate about Expectful and what drew you to this work in your own human voice.